Perfect for the autumn and winter months!
- 1 Small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 5 cloves Smashed Garlic
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Pepper
- (For salad) 1 bunch Kale
- (For salad) Pinch Sea Salt
- (For salad) 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- (For salad) 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- (For salad) 2.5 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Small apple, thinly chopped
- 1 Small Fennel bulb, grated
- 1 Chopped Shallot
- For the Butternut Squash: Preheat the oven to 400 Peel and cube the butternut squash Toss the squash with olive oil and spread over a baking sheet Sprinkle over the herbs, salt and pepper Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, checking on the squash and flipping, every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven once it's browned, but but not overdone. Cool.
- For the Kale Salad: Wash and trim the kale. Cut away the tough stems. Chop up the kale and place in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle some kosher salt over the kale Sprinkle the salt in to the kale you will see the kale reduce and soften. Toss the kale with the olive oil, vinegar, and pepper. Mix in the rest of the salad ingredients, along with the butternut squash.