An amazing Lancaster classic that can't be beaten on a cold winters evening.
- 4oz Butter
- 4oz Plain flour
- 1pt Milk
- 2 Diced onions
- 5oz Lancaster cheese ( Mrs Kirkhams)
- A block of puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- 1lb Potatoes
- A grind of salt and white pepper
- Peel and dice the potatoes and boil them until soft.
- Melt the butter in a pan then add the flour with a wooden spoon slowly pour in the warm milk until it comes together put to one side.
- Grate the cheese and add to the white sauce stir in and season.
- Cook the onion until soft then add in to the cheese sauce with the cooked potato.
- Pour into a pie dish and allow to cool then roll out the puff pastry and brush with the beaten egg.
- This is nice with some fine beans or broccoli. Enjoy!