I love spinach. You love spinach. We all love spinach. Here's a recipe for a delicious dip to have with your tortilla chips. I have no idea what an artichoke is. Send help.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Chopped onions
- 1 (10-ounce) bag Fresh spinach (stemmed, rinsed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Chopped garlic
- 2 cans Artichoke hearts, (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Preheat the fryer.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil and flour, in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly for 5 to 6 minutes for a blond roux.
- Whisk in the milk and bring the liquid up to a boil. Season the liquid with salt and cayenne. Simmer the liquid for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the liquid is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheeses. Set the sauce aside. In a saute pan, heat the remaining vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in handfuls of spinach at a time, until all the spinach is incorporated.
- Add the garlic and artichoke and saute for 2 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne. Remove the vegetables from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Fold the Bechamel sauce into the vegetables.
- Turn the mixture into a baking pan. Bake the dip for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Fry the tortilla chips, batches at a time, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the chips are golden and crispy. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve the chips with the dip and enjoy!
- Serves 8