Sri Lankan's famous street food!
- 6 Roti's/parathas/chapati's
- 700g Chicken curry
- 2 Onions
- 2 Green chillies
- 4 Garlic
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 Carrot
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Few Curry leaves
- 1/2 table spoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 table spoon Chilli flakes
- 1/2 table spoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 table spoon Curry powder
- Make a curry with the meat of you choice (I have used chicken here, but this recipe will work well with beef or lamb also) You could use any curry paste I suppose, but if you can try and get yourself a really good and authentic Sri Lankan curry paste.
- Cook you roti/ parathas as directed on the pack… Usually just fry them with no oil in the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side till golden.
- Then slice them up into squares or chunks, doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Next stir fry off you onion, garlic, chilli. spring onion, carrots for a few minutes till the onion has softened slightly. Now add in the spices and fry them off.
- Then move over the veg to one side of the pan and slide in your 2 eggs and scramble them, which shall only take a minute.
- Now add in your curry meat and a bit of the gravy. and lastly add the chopped roti/ parathas and toss for a few minutes until everything is well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking and also a few lime wedges as well….
- For 4-8