A local seasonal treat for autumn.
- 750g Pumpkin Flesh
- 100g Unstalted butter
- Splash of Vegetable oil
- 150g White flour
- 2 Vegetable or chicken stock cubes in 1 litre of warm water
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Onions diced
- 250ml Double Cream
- Chopped parsley
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Some crispy croutons
- In a thick bottom pan place the butter and oil and stir in the diced onion, carrot and pumpkin. Cook on a low heat until soft, then add flour.
- Next slowly add the vegetable/chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30/40 minutes.
- Once cooked, blend with a stick blender and pour in the double cream. Serve in a bowl with croutons, chopped parsley and a little sprinkle of ground nutmeg.