Try a new way of cooking courgettes A easy-to-make starter for your dinner
- 1 Glass
- 1 Tap
- 1 Straw (Optional)
- 1 courgette, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- Select a glass from your kitchen cupboard. This can be any kind of glass, although a tumbler is recommended. Pint glasses are discouraged.
- Turn on the cold tap. Care should be taken here - ensure you do not accidentally turn the hot tap on instead as this could cause pain, and make sure you do not turn the cold tap on too vigorously as you may get wet.
- With your strongest hand, take your chosen glass and put it under the tap so the water goes into the glass. It is suggested you make it about 3/4 full - do not make it too full as you may spill it.
- Turn the tap off.
- Put a straw in the glass. Coloured straws are recommended here. Multiple straws can be placed in the glass if desired.
- Drink and enjoy.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the courgette slices and let them sweat for 10 min.
- Pat them dry on a clean towel.
- Dredge each slice in flour and shake off the excess.
- Coat the slices lightly with egg mixture.
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat and fry the courgettes light golden on both sides.
- Drain on a clean towel and serve.
- Serving Suggestion: better with dipping sauce (2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar)